At 10twelve, we love Squarespace! We wanted to share a few tips with our audience to help make your experience even better! Here are some key things to consider when starting from scratch. Let's begin!
Establish goals for your website:
- Who is your target?
- Are you an artist, musician, business owner, photographer, online store?
- What message is most important for your audience?
- What is your number one goal for the site?
- What are you showcasing? Imagery, Music, Blogs?
Look and Function of your site:
- What look, feel or style do you want?
- Modern or Rustic?
- Color palette?
- Other sites you like and why?
- Things about sites you don’t like?
Basic Navigation Structure:
- How do you like your navigation?
- Top? Middle? Stacked?
- Will you have a secondary navigation menu?
- These questions will help you choose your template. Check out our favorite templates here.
Logos and Branding:
- Gathering your assets: vector logo formats, images, support docs, etc.
- Set up your pictures in categories. Landscape format, Portrait format or Box format usually works well. Choose a pixel size for each format and stick to it.